EDCI335 Peer Review: Brain Lobes 101 by Learning Pod 1

Interactive Learning Resource Topic:

Identify components of the Interactive Learning Resource that might be missing (e.g., appropriate outcomes, alignment, interactivity, inclusivity, technology use and rationale, presentation, grammar, spelling, citations, etc.).

Hi Learning Pod 1, I really liked the way you guys designed your Interactive Resource as a mini website where users can scroll through the course at their own pace. While everything that needs to be in the learning resource is there, this is one I noticed missing. Your pod chose hearing loss as a disability which was extremely well accommodated for when you used multiple choice quizzes, fill-in-the blanks, and even YouTube with closed captions available for those with troubled hearing. However, there was no second choice for a learning disability that I see. However for the one you guys did choose it was very well done with the extra focus on text assessments and learning which helps effectively reduce the hardships learning’s with hearing loss face.

Provide a summary of The Interactive Learning Resource’s strengths and weaknesses. Draw out specific examples from your peers’ work to justify your feedback.

I really enjoyed your Module 1 page where it is really organized and easy to follow. The following are all strengths in your resource. The introduction properly introduces the Parietal Lobe with an added bonus of using a infographic that makes the page a lot more appealing as well. The use of quizzes to assess the students immediately a long with fill-in-the blanks also help learnings learn both simultaneously behaviourally and cognitively as your interactive resource outlined. Again having the hearing loss learners all accommodated for with extra (but not over the top) text.

The only weakness I managed to find was the continued modules page where it says module 2, 3, and 4 are theoretically there. It gives the wrong feeling that your learning resource has not been completed even though it has. Would there be an alternative way to do it? For example, make Module 2, 3, and 4 pages where it says it will be released on a specific date. Other than this small problem your resource is very well done. I really enjoyed going through the resource as it was easy to follow, very professionally done, and highlights many of the things gone over the course.

Provide general, specific, and practical recommendations to your peers on how to improve their Interactive Learning Resource. 

Some general improvement ideas that I got from going through your resource is maybe add some images to the rest of the resource similar to Module 1 to make it a little more appealing. This would help a little bit because of the amount of text used with hearing loss learners being accommodated for. In addition, maybe have the about menu bar after learning guide. Sort of like Home, Learning Guide, About similar to other sites organization. Other than some cosmetic tips I have nothing more to give and offer as this resource was really well done in my opinion! I really enjoyed going through the whole resource as it was simple to follow, easy to read, organized and not clustered. Thank you!